|About Dr. Meriden...
Terry Meriden is a
Internist and an
Endocrinologist. He is a consultant in Diabetes and
Metabolism and is a specialist in the diseases of the
internal glands and hormones such as Thyroid, Adrenal,
Pancreas, female and male glands, obesity, high blood
pressure, cholesterol and others.
25 years of
experience, service, and dedication
After his training at the
University of London, England, he took his
Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at the
University of Pittsburgh, PA. He then joined the University of Illinois. and opened his private practice in Central Illinois. Dr. Meriden had many achievements and appointments amongst them:
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Illinois.
- Fellow American College of Physicians, FACP
- Fellow of the American College of Nutrition, FACN
- Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology, FACE
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, FRSM
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Health, FRSH
- President of the American Diabetes Association, DSIA
- Consultant to the Governor of Illinois on the Diabetes Advisory Board
- Member of the Editorial Board of the National Diabetes Forecast Magazine
- Member of the Editorial Board of Clinical Diabetes Magazine
- President of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, IL Chapter of AACE
- President of the National Arab American Medical Association NAAMA
Dr. Meriden is married and his wife, Lena, is an Interior Designer.
They have two daughters, Zina and Lana. Dr. Meriden has special interest
in music and sports. He enjoys classical music, jazz, as
well as playing piano and tennis.